This programme will not be admitting new students in 2015.
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Apply broad-based business knowledge and problem solving skills to a wide range of issues;
- Apply interpersonal and communication skills, especially those related to working in teams, in the workplace with cultural diversities;
- Analyze the specialized knowledge to prepare for a career relating to China business;
- Evaluate the major socio-political, cultural and economic issues affecting China business in relation to the local, regional and international contexts;
- Communicate efficiently in English and Chinese, both orally and in writing, in different business environments;
- Relate the major ideas in arts and humanities, science and technology to their own areas of study.
Main Subject Areas
The first year curriculum is designed to provide students with a firm foundation in business. Subject areas include: Introduction to Marketing, Business Management, Financial Accounting, Cost Management, Business Information Systems, Business Statistics, Principles of Macro and Micro Economics, and English and Chinese Communication Skills for Business.
The second year curriculum is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required for doing business in China. Subjects are: Marketing in China, China Economics Law, China Business Management, Practical Putonghua, China Accounting and Taxation, China Business Environment and Operations, Managing Human Resources in China and Distribution and Logistics in China.
All students undertaking this programme are required to study at Shanghai University (normally in Semester A of Year 2). This provides an opportunity for students to gain first hand China experience. Addition tuition and accommodation fees for studying at Shanghai University will be covered by CCCU.
Further Studies Pathways
The table below is not exhaustive and only aims to show some examples of the Bachelor's degree programmes offered by UGC-funded institutions which have admitted our past graduates from Associate of Business Administration (China Business Management). Our graduates also articulate to various overseas degree programmes offered in Hong Kong. For a comprehensive list, please refer to www.cityu.edu.hk/cccu.
City University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in China Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Information Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in International Business (Japan Studies)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Management Sciences
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Marketing
Hong Kong Baptist University
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) - China Business Studies Concentration
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Financial Services
Graduates in this programme may find employment at the supervisory level with local or international firms which are expanding their businesses in China. In particular, graduates may be engaged in positions relating to sales and marketing, financial services and logistics.
Mode of Study
The programme/ course(s) in the programme has (have) been included in the list of reimbursable programmes / courses for applications to the Continuing Education Fund.
1) 文化, 友誼, 愛心夏令營
2) Outstanding Student Raphel Cheung